Recipe Index

1.17.2011

A "Souper" Easy Recipe

Hi! I'm Cindy. Friends and family members will find it amusing that I'm posting on a cooking blog because they know that the best thing that I make for dinner is reservations! But, actually, I'm well-known for finding and cooking easy recipes. A few years back, while at a volleyball match (my daughter, Lesley Anne, played in high school), I heard about this easy soup recipe. The mom that told me about it said that the directions were easy. She said that all you had to do was to brown 2 lbs. of ground beef and open ten cans of vegetables and cook it in the crockpot all day. That sounded easy enough! So I went home and made it for my husband and he LOVED it!!! Now, he asks me to make it quite frequently, and now it is one of his favorite recipes! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ten Can Soup

2 lbs. very lean ground chuck (browned)
2 cans mild Rotel
3 cans Campbell's Minestrone soup
2 cans kidney beans or black beans or pinto beans
1 can corn
1 can french style green beans
1 can Hoppin John with blackeye peas, tomatoes, onions, & jalapenos

Don't drain anything. Cook in large crockpot until hot and bubbly or all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment