Recipe Index

1.29.2011

A Delish Pasta Dish

Picture from bhg.com
One of my favorite finds on BHG.com is the Eight-Layer Casserole. Get the recipe right here. If you are a pasta lover, then this is the dish for you! It is the perfect casserole to make for dinner guests because it makes a ton. That is unless you have a Drew Dickerson (my "little" brother, that is not so little anymore) as one of your dinner guests. In that case you should definitely make two batches if you are having more than four guests. The first time I made this dish I invited my parents and my then 18 year old brother to help us eat it. The casserole was an instant hit. My dad and Drew traditionally do not care of Italian cuisine, but they both went back for seconds (in Drew's case, thirds and fourths) of this Italian dish. According to the recipe I should have had half the casserole left, but by the time they were finished with it, I had NOTHING left. Not even a spoonful. My corning ware was bare! Like I said, it is good! I have made this for two other dinner parties and both times it was a success. It looks, smells, and tastes great. Serve with a side salad and garlic bread and you are set!

I have made some adjustments to the casserole which is not unusual for me. This one definitely needs more meat and tomato sauce. I think I doubled it last time and it turned out perfectly. I also added more spices to the sauce. Any of your favorite Italian spices will do like rosemary, thyme, and/or Italian seasoning. A little extra garlic flavor never hurts! Add some minced garlic ( 1 tsp. should do it) and onion salt to the meat when you brown it. Mmmm.....mmm!

 Try it out and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. What-a-Drew strikes again! This recipe sounds really good, I might try it this weekend when Kyle's parents come to visit us. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete